Lavasoft has developed in the anti-virus business for some time (since 1999), mainly supplying premium products. However, they likewise have a totally free anti-virus program known as Ad-Aware Free Anti-virus .
Ad-Aware Free Anti-virus is actually simple to use, light on sources, and supports detailed custom checking.
Important: Ad-Aware Free Anti-virus provides free on-access or resident protection, meaning it certainly is running without anyone’s knowledge to watch files.
What this means is Ad-Aware Free Anti-virus can completely replace any premium or professional anti-virus software which you may be having to pay for, like products form McAfee and Norton. While individuals programs may include tools you will not get in free software application, Ad-Aware Free Anti-virus can continue to supply the virus protection you’ll need free of charge.
Download Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- Constant, real-time protection against spyware, viruses, and other malicious items
- Requires little CPU usage to run
- Scan files and folders from the right-click context menu
- Updates definitions automatically throughout the day
- Supports a silent mode when gaming or watching movies to reduce its impact on system resources and suppress notifications
- Can run a quick or full system scan on a schedule
- Some features only work if you purchase a paid version of Ad-Aware
- Doesn’t scan incoming or outgoing email messages
- Takes longer to install than most other antivirus programs
- Registration, though free, is required once a year to prevent expiration
- Real-time protection allows Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ to monitor the Windows Registry for modifications
- If malicious items are downloaded, Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ blocks them before they even have the option of infecting the system
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP users can install and use Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- A virtual sandbox is used in Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ to emulate a hard drive. This means that while potentially malicious files are analyzed in real-time, they can also be launched without fear of infection.
- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ reportedly uses less than 1% of CPU usage to run
- If you choose compatible mode during setup, Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ can be used with other antivirus software
- URLs are scanned against a database of recognized malicious/phishing websites to prevent an attack
My Thoughts on Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
Essentially any anti-virus program that’s freedom have my blessing. I do not find anything special about Ad-Aware Free Anti-virus , but it is still helpful if you want anti-virus software.
I actually do like how easy it is by using. If the program is open or maybe you are while using context menu scanner, things appear to begin up fast and start working with little delay.
Honestly, however, I do not think Ad-Aware Free Anti-virus should come out on top when selecting a great anti-virus program. You will find a lot of settings within the program that might be helpful but aren’t permitted to operate since it is only the free version.
For example, email is really a broadly used type of communication but it is not really supported like a real-time scan location. Due to this fact, it’d be advised to make use of a program like avast! or AVG.
Don’t misunderstand me, though, Ad-Aware Free Anti-virus is a fairly choice if you are not worried about the disadvantages previously mentioned. Getting real-time protection is very important, and it is incorporated free of charge within this program.